I am going to church in the morning and I'm still awake. It's going to be like death having to wake up in the morning I am sure.
My sleep schedule is trying to creep back into nocturnalism, but as long as I force myself to get up at a decent time it won't be too bad!
Today Dario and I booked our reception hall so the day is officially set!
We will be getting married on May 22nd, 2010. And yes, it is the long weekend! (Bet you never thought Dario would go for that right?? He actually was the one who suggested it!)
Dario wasn't able to come with me to the hall since work was a bit of an interference. His mom figured he didn't really need to be there anyways so her and I went, and he went to work instead. Afterwards, her and I went to the scrapbook warehouse because they had a major sale on cardstock. We were hoping we could snag some for invitations or something but they had already sold out. Apparently they were really ugly colours anyways. But the time wasn't a complete waste as we found a really cute idea for a wedding invitation while we were there. It was something VERY simple but still so cute!
My mom keeps telling me not to get too far ahead of myself so I still have some planning to do before the wedding, but I think she keeps forgetting that from November until April I am in school on weekends and working Monday through Friday, so I will not have time to do these sorts of things then. Obviously I will leave some details till later but I would like to get any of the "must do's" done sooner than later.
Tonight I came home and watched a documentary on the Dixie Chicks. Yeah I know, you are all probably laughing, but I will admit that I love the Dixie Chicks and yes, I can be a major country slunt sometimes. The documentary was actually very crazy to watch. The last album the Dixie Chicks released in 2006 was called "Taking the Long Way" and it was a major controversial album.
During a tour of the album previous to this one they had stated on tour "We are ashamed to say that the President of the United States is from Texas." and shit basically hit the fan. It got to the point where the lead singer had a death threat sent to her saying that she would be shot at a Nashville concert on such and such day so they had to do major security. People had to go through metal detectors and everything else and they wouldn't allow the Dixie Chicks to even set foot in the concert until 15 minutes before they were supposed to go on stage. It was absolutely insane. They figured they caught the guy who had sent the threat since things were very similar with other threats he'd made, but since there were so many people with a hate on for the Dixie Chicks they couldn't take any risks. I just found it crazy that a country band saying one simple phrase could have such a huge reaction from the rest of the states. After awhile though when people started realizing Bush was a total fuck up things obviously started to let loose, however the band wasn't quite done with the whole ordeal. How could you be either? They were told 'you'd better shutup and sing' by the president and their music was banned from many radio stations because of the controversy it was causing. I donno it was just crazy to see how ridiculously out of hand everything got from one simple statement.
Obviously the song "Not Ready To Make Nice" was written in retaliation to everything when they were almost being forced from touring in fear that their concerts would no longer sell out. When their producer had suggested to perhaps sing a song about the situations they were facing and perhaps saying that they forgave everyone for what they've done, the singer was pissed and was like 'nah fuck you guys' and decided to write that song.
Sick of a country music educational lesson yet? haha. Clearly I had too much time on my hands tonight. Either way I just found the entire thing very interesting to watch. This is my favourite song from the album that they released in 2006.
Lamo blog I know but whatever. Deal! haha
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your getting married the same weekend we did just a year later! And on a Friday right? We did it on a Saturday. So exciting! That is quite a ways away. End of May is a great time to get married though. you are basically assured a nice weather day but it's not too hot, just perfect.
however... May 22 is not the May long weekend. it is the weekend before that. the long weekend is always the Monday before the 24th, the 3rd weekend of the month. this May has 5 weekends so your wedding is the 4th weekend.
I only know this because well, that's exactly what happened to us. I thought our wedding was on the victoria long weekend but it wasn't! As soon as I saw your date and your comment I remembered what happened to us and checked the dates. Indeed it is the same thing! lol. that is an American long weekend tho...
Just thought u might wanna know!
oh wait...your getting married in 2010 not 2009 so forget my long post. HAHA! Sorry. So exactly 2 years later to the weekend after us you are getting married. ok makes more sense.
Ain't nothing wrong with a long weekend wedding
haha believe me... I know it's on the long weekend. Teresa and I specifically looked into it to make sure. Yes it is usually the 3rd weekend of every month but in this specific case the 24th is the holiday. We wanted to make sure it was going to be on the long weekend so that it was easier on my family and friends that will all be travelling.
May is nice, since it is the month of my Birthday and all but I LOVE September. Its too bad you guys couldn't do fall of this year. It would have been so romantic ! ;)
i am a closet country fan also. not really heavy into it but i LOVE LOVE LOVE Leann Rhimes.
Post a Comment