Tuesday, December 16, 2008

If I had balls, they would be frozen.

I'm trying to pull an all nighter tonight because my sleep schedule is just retardedly screwed up. I've been staying up so late and then end up sleeping in. And since no one else is home it doesn't really matter if I sleep in late. So it makes it even harder to motivate yourself to roll your lazy ass out of bed.

I have a lot to do this week however. I have 2 more gifts to go out and find. I thought I was done Christmas shopping, but alas I am not. I will also now have to seperate Christmas cards and instead of just making the one, I'll be turning that 1 into 4. Interesting.... So I'll probably work on that tonight/tomorrow since I'll have nothing better to do with my time.

Tonight Dario and I went for a drive over to Kensington street to see the Buone Feste house which is insane with lights.


While we were out driving around checking out Christmas lights we ended up pointing out all of the nice houses we liked. We have very similar tastes in homes and it was kind of nice just picking out all the ones we liked. Not that it serves any importance to either of us, but I like looking at homes for some weird reason.

I tried to find one house that was over on royal oak somewhere on one of the side streets closer to marine drive, but instead we ended up finding this old gmc:


It was the coolest truck I have ever seen. I am in love with it! It's just so old school how can you not?! It'd be a pig on gas though so good thing gas at least has gone down a little bit.

My room is fucking freezing, so I hate spending any time on my computer. I am literally curled up in the wool blanket Dario brought me back from Italy and it's just not making this situation any warmer. I am pretty sure now that the heat vent in my room doesn't work at all, and I can't tell if maybe it's closed or what. So I think I might have to see if Dario can check that out for me since I'm too short. I don't even have a solid chair in this house either, all of them roll so standing on them pretty much ends up with a close call to death. I am going to ask my landlord if he can winterize all the windows again since I think that's the biggest problem. I just went to check my window and there's definitely a major draft coming in from that. Since I leave on Saturday I'll see if he can come in while I'm gone. The space heater isn't even helping at all.

Tonight Mark came over. He was going to try to pull an all nighter with me but he wussied out. While I was at Dario's tonight, his brother was watching How The Grinch Stole Christmas... the old school cartoon version... combine that with the drive of checking out Christmas lights and I sort of got in a Christmas spirit and decided to bake some sugar cookies. I figured I'd double the batter since it didn't seem like that much... but no, it was way too much. I still have quite a bit left over that I decided to freeze because we were getting sick of baking.


Our first attempt with cookies failed miserably. I'm not quite sure what happened but for some reason they all flattened out BIG time... So we just ate those ones instead.

Our second batch luckily didn't come out nearly as big. We spaced them out a little further apart as a precaution and decided that we'd just quit using the cookie cutters and just use cups to cut out smaller cookies. Those things were way too big!

I realized I didn't have a rolling pin, and I considered buying one but thought... no. I didn't figure I'd ever be making these again anytime soon so I figure it would be a waste of money, and I just don't have the cupboard space to jam in any more shit. So I improvised with a bottle of Krystals wine haha.


It worked quite well actually, at least well enough to get the job done.


Mark made a skull with green hair, SO un-Christmas-like but it made for a good laugh. And I don't really know whats up with the baseball but whatever haha. It was entertaining enough. The shitty decorating kit I picked up for a whole 4 bucks is absolutely horrible haha. I wish I had a nice kit but I'll wait till I have kids or something and will actually use the thing a little more. I used to spend a lot of time when I was younger decorating cupcakes and cookies etc etc whenever I was at my aunts house. It was one of her ways of keeping us entertained for a few hours, and we loved it! My aunt was always good at cake decorating, and her daughter followed suit. She ended up going to SAIT in Calgary and is now a great pastry chef for some fancy bakery. She's friggen awesome at it all, it's unbelievable.

Dario is growing out his beard as a bet for 6 months. His hair also. I figure this is what he'll look like come May:


Pretty good guess I would say.

I spent last night writing an essay to apply for hair school. The secret is out. I still have to finish a few more things and then I'll send that off and probably around this time next year I'll start the course. I'm actually really excited about it but it's pretty nerve wracking too. I have to look out for myself and steel fab isn't in my best interests anymore. I have noticed that my cramps are directly related with my back pain... I get both at the same time, if one starts, the other is soon to follow... and there's never a day that I come home from work without a sore back.

Even though I'm going to be going to hairschool I am still going to be working in the steel fab industry though. The school I will be going to is only 4 hours a day (I may take an evening course) or I can do a weekends course that is 9-5:30 saturday and sunday, and monday nights from 5-9. So I can work full time while I go to school. I may still finish up my apprenticeship if my body is able to handle it. I would like to finish it if I could, but it may not be possible. My health is more important than any job. But we'll see how that goes. Really, I could take my 4th year not long after I finish my hairdressing course if I wanted to. In order to entirely complete the program though I would need the hours and I probably wouldn't finish my hours until mid 2011. The point of doing the hairdressing course is to do something I love and am good at, but also so that it works into my lifestyle a little better. Not to mention it will work into a life with children one day too. If Dario and I have a family one day it would be impossible for me to work in steel fab with kids. Him and I both work a lot of hours, and very early in the morning, day care would be impossible, and I refuse to let my children be raised by someone else. So yeah.

The cat's out of the bag on all of that I guess.

Oh my god I almost forgot. Tonight when I picked up Mark and we were driving back to my place there was this big ass truck behind me with his high beams on. I couldn't see shit so I was getting pissed off, so I decided to slow down, A LOT, to hope that he would get the hint, but instead he decided to flash his high beams on and off. Which pissed me off even more because when he flashed them for the final time, he left them on again. I contemplated slamming on my brakes so he would rear end me, and claim that I thought I'd missed my friends driveway... but figured that was probably not the best way to go about it. So instead the street I needed to turn on was coming up, so I damn near came to a stop when I took the corner. But the guy decided to follow me!! And then I'm driving down this hill and he starts driving beside my car as if he's going to pass me, so I politely ignored him and kept driving, but drove in the middle of the road so he couldn't get past me and also so he would hit a parked car if he didn't back off. So finally he slowed down and turned down a different street, scarily close to mine. The whole ordeal just seemed insane, he was revving his truck up all pissed-off-like and was seriously right on my ass, so it was kind of scary. I figure I probably wasn't reacting to the situation the best way possible, but seriously, turn off your fucking high beams and quit being a dick to the rest of the world. I couldn't see anything and it could have very easily caused an accident so whatever. I don't feel bad. But when I got home I was a little worried that maybe he would decide to continue on the street I kept on and end up finding my car and trash it or something... so I will admit, the Fort girl in me came out, and so did my gun. I kept an eye out my bedroom window for a bit to make sure the asshole didn't come back and when I felt I was safe, I put my gun away.

I don't know what it is about having guns in my home, but it's always made me feel protected. Some people are really afraid of them and immediately see them as dangerous, but honestly they're harmless if they're handled properly. I'm pretty sure that all those idiots who shoot themselves in the face "cleaning their guns" aren't actually cleaning their guns. You can't clean your gun properly unless the thing is taken apart (if it's a bolt action,) or the action is clear. So I have a theory that all of those gun cleaning accidents are actually just suicides and murders gone wrong.

Anyways...

It is -38C in PG right now with the windchill factor. So it's about -40 in FSJ when you include the wind chill. I don't even remember how cold -40 feels anymore. It's -7C here right now and I'm freezing. I think it's colder inside my house though than outside... so that being said, I think I am going to go watch a movie out in the livingroom where it's a little warmer. My hands are about ready to fall off!

1 comment:

Marlee said...

hahaha yeah I think it is definitely frowned upon.