I have started making goals lately. Not big ones, just little ones that I know are actually possible to accomplish but will still take a valid effort. Example... I have set a specific amount of money that I want to have in my savings account by the end of the year. Normally to a lot of people this would be no big deal, but I have this problem you see. When I have money, I also like to spend it. I have been doing amazingly well since I moved here, basically since I had to grow up a bit and stop spending money I don't have, but I still wasn't doing the best. However in the last couple of months I've been doing surprisingly well with it all and am slowly adjusting to living on a tight budget. Some days I hate it, because I could actually use some new clothes, and when I say that I am not kidding. There is no exaggerating... I really have hardly any clothes. I have two decent pairs of jeans that I can wear out, because the rest don't even fit me anymore since I've lost weight since I moved here, not to mention most of them are over a year old and are completely thrashed... and I have a few select shirts that I can wear out. Now that it's fall I have no shirts to wear out because most of them are sleevless or short sleeves. I have a couple dresses but those are for fancy events not just casual day wear. Pisses me off.
But... I am on a budget with a number in mind and I can't really afford to go out and buy myself new stuff otherwise I would have no savings at all, and if ever there's an emergency I definitely need something to fall back on. Not to mention I'm want to help Dario with the house mortgage since one day it will be our house, and I hate being in debt. Even if it's considered 'good' debt.
I already have my Christmas budget set out which is ridiculous to even think about, but it's not a bad idea, maybe if I see something I think someone would like for Christmas in the next two months then I can pick it up before the big last minute shopping rush.
Today was a really bland day at work, a few of the guys (more like half the crew) started at 3am this morning to ship out a huge bridge for BC Ferries, so they were all gone at 11am. Which meant that there were only a few of us left behind and it made for a very quiet afternoon. Not that it was entirely bad, but it just doesn't have the same vibe when there's no one around. The days are going by really slowly this week.
My fish hardly ate anything yesterday, or the day before. So I donno what's going on there but hopefully he doesn't kick it on me.
Awe Krystal just asked me if I got my noodles that she put in my drawer haha. I was so confused at first. She bought me udon noodles because I have this weird obsession with them lately, I love udon noodle soups and I never know where to find these things. Since she goes to the asian places a lot she picked up a few and tried to surprise me with them by putting them in my veggie drawer in the fridge haha. Little does she know I haven't eaten veggies all week (I'm a poor veggie eater sometimes) so I haven't even noticed. So cute though, i'm so excited! Perhaps I will make some tonight. mmm. With some steamed asparagus and some chicken in there too, Yummyyy.
Alright my computer is screwin around on me so I guess that means it's time to do something more constructive. I'm already done packing for next week :| I guess I'll finally make Meghans wedding card, I've still been putting that off and I'm running out of time...
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hey, so funny... I just decided to make a new budget today.
I found this site "moneytrackin.com" and i'm playing around with it.
I can use it on my phone which I like but its kind of neat regardless
I'm with you in the clothing department! Help! ahh. lol. I need to go shopping but really don't wanna spend the money when we should be saving for the future and what it may bring.
Way to go with the budgeting tho. It's never easy, but always good. Actually it was Settimo that taught me how important it was to budget and save and how to do it. The 1st year I worked for him he'd pressure me every week, asking me if I was wasting money and how much I was saving. And whenever I bought lunch he'd always get after me. It definitely whipped me in to shape quickly! haha. we used to talk finances and savings alot. anyway I just wrote a book...so sorry. :P
Thank God for Chad and his budget. Not that I am a huge spender because most of my pay cheque goes into savings but hes got our whole financial future planned out. How much we need to save for Italy and how much we need to save for a down payment on our next place and how much extra to put into the mortgage. We are on a very strict budget but its kinda merky right now ith all the wedding income we got.
If it wasn't for a budget Chad wouldn't be where he is today.
Yeah Chad definitely had to learn to budget, between being a student and then working etc and living on your own a budget is so mandatory haha. Getting into debt is just no fun... And yes Naomi, Settimo is probably one of the craziest money-savers ever, he always talks to Dario and I about it's importance and where it got him etc. He always has a valid point. And Melissa, I am going to check out that site it sounds interesting!
Post a Comment