I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I would have liked, but that's okay. Every day was pretty damn busy it seemed. Saturday morning we left at 4:30am. We got into PG around noon or so and stopped to visit my grandma for a couple of hours. Once we got to fort we just sat around and visited for the evening. I was pretty much done for by 8 because we'd been up so early and drove for about 10 hours.
Sunday was thanksgiving dinner. I promised my family I would cook this year, so I half assed it since my dad wanted to go out grouse hunting in the morning/afternoon. I came over at 8:30 or so in the morning to get the turkey ready and in the oven. My lovely father wasn't using his head and said the only turkey he could get was a fresh 13kilo turkey. AKA like 30lbs. It was absolutely ridiculous! It took like 7 hours to cook but it turned out quite well.
Finally on Tuesday morning we headed out to Dem Lake. We somehow took a wrong road that my dad was POSITIVE was the right road, however he was highly mistaken when we discovered that the road had been deactivated and we'd spent half an hour driving in the wrong direction. We figured out after we made it back to the main road that we took the turn too early, and it was in fact the next left haha.
We made breakfast the Thursday morning after an early morning hunt that came up empty handed. I went out with my dad and we found this really great area. As we came around the corner to a nice cutblock with a lot of decent growth happening there was a cow and her calf standing in the middle of it. About a 300 yard shot but totally manageable and wide open. Again though, had we had a cow tag we could have shot the stupid thing a billion times. However it was her baby we wanted and she wasn't having it, the stupid bitch stood in front of her calf the entire time so we couldn't get a clean shot so that sorta sucked. I was hoping to bring home some meat but whateva. It's all the nature of the sport! Next year I'm going for a cow draw though, they're a hell of a lot easier to find it seems... and a lot stupider than bulls haha.
After our cow and calf sighting we came back to camp to tell everyone else what my dad and I saw... Dario responded with 'haha check out my kill hanging on the line' ... this is what we found:
The last night we were there we had a nice little snow storm. It was good weather the entire time we were out, and only got down to -8C on the coldest night. The snow flakes were huge and really wet so Dario and I just went in the tent and played some card games and went to bed insanely early. Although it was usually pitch black outside by 7pm so it felt way later than it actually was.
After getting back into town I jumped in the shower and washed my hair a billion times and went to the hairdressers. 6 bottles of wine later I came out with new hair, which i think there's a part of that was a bit of a screw up but I guess that's what happens when you get drunk with your hairdresser. My mom and I had appointments and my friend Kat also had an appointment just before mine so we all met up there. A little later Wendy, Stacey B, and Chrystal came out. Stacey brought her daughter Ayla for a bit and then dropped her off with the babysitter. And Chrystal had her two kids with her as well but dropped one off with his dad quite early.
We went out to my moms place and fixed up our faces and decided to have a couple more drinks before we headed to the bar. As if the wine wasn't enough. My friends Amber and Shilo drove up from PG for the night but after my moms I didn't end up seeing them because apparently they didn't make it to the zoo that night haha I have no idea what happened there.
We went out to my moms place and fixed up our faces and decided to have a couple more drinks before we headed to the bar. As if the wine wasn't enough. My friends Amber and Shilo drove up from PG for the night but after my moms I didn't end up seeing them because apparently they didn't make it to the zoo that night haha I have no idea what happened there.
We rounded up the troops and drove into town to go to the disgusting bar. This is what I was welcomed with:
Sigh. I didn't take hardly any pictures once we were actually out since Rupi the camera whore took control of that situation so perhaps I'll steal her pictures whenever she posts them. I ended up being quite hungover on Saturday and my mom decided it'd be a fuckin awesome idea to make us go for a walk with her around the farm. I nearly died I was so sick already so needless to say I felt quite crappy till about 3 in the afternoon. I had to force myself to eat just so I'd start to feel better, and then Dario and I ended up joining my mom and Wendy for dinner at one of the small town restaurants. Lets put it this way... Dario and I each had a burger and fries, and he had 2 beers, and our meal costed us 22 bucks. hahaha nooooot bad. I will say that obviously I've had better, but whatever the price was good haha.
The sunset was beautiful when we got out of the restaurant so we stopped to take a picture or two. Then I was off to say goodbye to my dad, Cheryl, Hannah, and Josh. My mom wanted me to spend time with her that night since I spent the week with my dad, so I reluctantly agreed even though I was hoping to stay at my dads and watch the fights and hang out there. Dario stayed at my dads to watch UFC and I went to my moms to watch the Devil Wears Prada.
The sunset was beautiful when we got out of the restaurant so we stopped to take a picture or two. Then I was off to say goodbye to my dad, Cheryl, Hannah, and Josh. My mom wanted me to spend time with her that night since I spent the week with my dad, so I reluctantly agreed even though I was hoping to stay at my dads and watch the fights and hang out there. Dario stayed at my dads to watch UFC and I went to my moms to watch the Devil Wears Prada.
I wasn't in the best of moods after having to say goodbye. Josh was still on his way home from Volleyball so I came back into town around 10 to say goodbye to him as well. It was really shitty cause I'd already gone through the goodbyes with my dad and stepmom and sister, and everyone cried. Even my dad started crying so it was really really shitty. My sister was really upset and didn't want to have to say goodbye, so I promised her I would be home for Christmas to see her this year. A part of me hated spending a over a week there just because it made it that much more difficult to leave again, but I sucked it up and gave my hugs and said "I gotta get the fuck outta here before I can't stop crying." ... So we laughed a bit and Dario and I drove back out to my moms to sleep for the night and leave in the morning.
This post is retardedly long and it seems really bleh because I'm still in a bit of an upset mood but I wanted to post the pictures and talk about our week. I wish my family was closer... I miss them like crazy.
I've got my guns laying on my bed, a shitload of stinky laundry that's waiting to be put in the washer, and a ton of stuff to put away... and I really feel like doing nothing but maybe moping a bit.
1 comment:
looks like you guys had a fun time! It's too bad u didn't shoot anything! :(
Post a Comment