Thursday, September 4, 2008

Uhm, could you warm that up next time?

Well I don't really know what to blog about. I am home from work again today due to another doctors appointment. Which pissed me off to no end because I could have walked in and been done with it faster than actually having the appointment booked. I waited an hour and a half before I finally saw a doctor, which took maybe 5 minutes and I was back out of there. Not to mention the fact that the doctor isn't my favourite doctor and I don't like her and want to find a different one. She's just way too inconsiderate. Sigh, whatever it's over for another 2 weeks. Boourns.

I asked Krystal if she could yoink me an SFU daily planner. My BCIT one is out of days and I don't feel like spending the money on a new one from staples or something since it's already september and there's only a couple months of this year left. I might as well save that for January and get a nice one. I've realized I can't really go without a planner now there's just way too much shit going on.

I started reading a book last night called 'just checking.' It's about a crazy lady who has OCD and it's absolutely insane what this woman does. She goes for HIV tests pretty much weekly, the second someone spits in her eye when they're talking to her, or if she accidently drinks out of someone elses glass she goes and gets tested for AIDs. It's pretty crazy. I always thought I was a little OCD but definitely not when I started reading this haha. Although a few things freaked me out at first because they're little things that I do, but this girl is definitely certifiably insane. When someone talks to her she draws stars in her head, one line for each word the person says to her. And she won't answer them until she has a full star drawn. So if someone only says 4 words, she waits until they say enough words to make completed stars, so she needs 1 word or 6 words spoken to her before she'll answer them. Crazy I tell you. Although it's purked my interest for the time being and it feels good to spend some time reading since I never usually do. I enjoy it when I find a good book, and won't put it down until I'm done (I'll read every spare second of every day I have when I find a good book) but I just haven't been interested in reading since highschool basically. My roomie keeps hassling me to read so she gave me this book to start. So far so good.


I weighed myself at the doctors while I was waiting for her to come into the room. Her scale tells me I weigh 133 pounds. I think I like her scale. Mine tells me I weigh 137/139ish. I blame it on an unlevel floor because I weigh different amounts on different tiles I noticed. I also blame it on the fact that my scale is a cheapo scale from IKEA. I think I'll just lie and use the doctors number, it has to be right, I mean it's a doctors scale those things can't lie! haha. Yeah right :P

Work has died down this week for the time being until we get our shipment of steel in. I am thankful for that because I've been sick and Danielle's wedding is coming up so it's nice to relax a little bit.

I had a major issue last night about the fact that I had to shave my legs today and now I don't know how great they'll look on Saturday because if I shave them again Saturday morning I'll probably get razor burn. I just don't know what to do haha. It seems so stupid and pathetic but I think it's something every girl worries about. Timing for leg shaving is key! I want to get that laser thing done on my legs, that would make me so happy. Too bad it's so expensive.

I hope my sniffles are gone by Saturday so I'm not sniffling throughout the church all day. That would be really annoying. It can stop anytime now, I'd be much appreciative haha.

I guess I should go and make a few cards, I've got a couple birthdays and what not coming up and obvs a wedding so I guess I'll spend this afternoon doing that. :)

1 comment:

Tea N. Crumpet said...

Amazing how they go to medical school for four years but never get a class in customer service, isn't it? We pay them, they don't pay us to see them.