Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Possibly some answers soon??

Home from work again. I finally went to the doctors, I got blood taken today. And I will go back and get more blood tests done in a week or so. I don't mind needles, I just can't look at them. You can go ahead and stick them in me, but I can't actually watch you do it. So today I was looking away and the nurse sort of laughed and goes 'are you afraid of needles?' I was like 'no I'm not afraid of them per say, they just gross me out and I'd rather not look at my blood squirting into a tube.' So just as I said that I looked over at my blood squirting into the tube and was like 'yeah no definitely not my idea of a good time' and looked away again haha. She started laughing because apparently it's funny to her but finally agreed that it isn't the most pleasant thing in the world. It's odd though, because piercings don't bother me, I can watch people getting piercings, and I've had a ton of them myself, but something about actually sticking a needle into your vein and just leaving it there for a bit while your body pumps blood into a vile or two or three, is just yughy.

I'm glad phase one of the blood test escapades is over with though. I don't have much energy so I went and bought some orange pop and some tostito's afterwards. I'm hoping that might replenish me a little so that I can wake up a bit. We are supposed to be having dinner at uncle willy's tonight but I am not sure if I will be going yet. I would like to try, but my philosophy has always been 'if I am too sick to go to work I am too sick to go out for fun' ... which comes from my dad always telling me 'if you're too sick to go to school then you must be too sick to do anything else, so no you can't go out with your friends.' haha. It worked wonders for whenever I played hookie from school.

I finally got what I needed in the mail from my dad, which was nice. So now I can finish making cards and what not. My dads birthday is on the 22nd so I need to make him one as well which I think I will work on tomorrow night.

Dario came over last night and I made spicy chicken caesar salad mmm and he wanted pizza so he got that, so we both shared and were so full afterwards. We both still managed to stuff back dessert though even though I thought I could burst at the seams in any given moment.

I am off to go eat my tostito's and drink my orange pop though, and perhaps now that its 3pm something interesting will be on tv.

2 comments:

Smelly Danielly said...

3PM is the start of all the good shows. Young & the Restless baby! Thats half the fun of being on Maternity Leave - SOAP OPERAS. Hahahah I can't wait!

Wow that just sounded like I was preggers waiting to go on Maternity leave. Hahaha.

Marlee said...

HAHAHA that's too funny. I don't watch soap operas ever, I just can't grasp what point of the show you're at, you gotta watch them every day otherwise you never know what's going on anymore! All of a sudden like 6 people are divorced or having affairs with other men/women, and all of a sudden three sisters are screwing eachothers boyfriends, I mean how do you keep up with it all! haha